As 2022 drew to a close, and 2023 approached, Lamentations 3 was on my mind, including, but not limited to, the fact that Yahweh’s mercies are new every morning.
I take note that the name of Yahweh is a strong tower that the righteous run into and are safe, but that this great comfort sits within a context that, at some points, is remarkably specific and bleak otherwise about calamity and destruction all around God’s servant, the prophet Jeremiah, known so much for sadness and grief that he is called by the nickname “the weeping prophet.”
For instance, consider the inclusion of a reference to arrows being shot into our kidneys, or the destruction and fate of the daughters of my people and city, or eyes being worn out from weeping to see what has happened, and is happening, to God’s people.
Nevertheless, and only all the more, remember and meditate on what Isaiah 3 says.
“Tell the righteous that it shall be well with them, for they shall eat the fruit of their deeds.”
This episode’s links:
- ‘Alaska Trial to Decide If GOP State Lawmaker Can Be Barred From Office for Being an Oath Keepers Member’ – Joseph M. Hanneman, The Epoch Times
- The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription – archives.gov
- Declaration of Independence: A Transcription – archives.gov
- Proverbs 31:1-9 – esv.org
- ‘Ray Epps Told Nephew He ‘Orchestrated’ January 6’ – Daniel Chaitin, The Daily Wire
- ‘Russia released a video showing Putin as Santa saving a boy being raised as a girl by two fathers.’ – Mister Retrops, Not the Bee
- ‘Hacked Material Shows Russia’s Propaganda Agreement With China: Report’ – Ryan Saavedra, The Daily Wire
- ‘The Scottish police are rebranding pedophiles as “Minor Attracted Persons” and if we could just stop trying to normalize pedos that would be great’ – Harris Rigby, Not the Bee
- Lamentations 3 – biblegateway.com
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/garrett-ashley-mullet/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/garrett-ashley-mullet/support